Saturday, June 23, 2012

Laundry Soap


So, I have decided to start making my own cleaners, I talked about that in my last post. I started last night on my laundry soap, but had to go get a 5 gallon bucket, so I didn't get very far.

Here are my laundry soap ingredients. All you need is 1 bar of Fels Naptha soap, Super Washing Soda, Borax, & boiling hot water. I am going to experiment with essential oils in it as well.










I did start by grating the Fels Naptha Soap. I used a Salad Shooter with the grating attachment in it. It's going to be melted, so it doesn't really matter what kind of grating you use, it just helps to melt faster.


That's as far as I got last night. Tonight I will go ahead with the rest of it, and I'll try to post either tomorrow or Monday.

We went out to buy the rest of the ingredients that we need for the other cleaners as well. I will be trying lots of different recipes, to try to find ones that we like and that work well. We went to 3 different stores, 2 of them health food stores, and one being Walmart. I think I have enough ingredients now, so I'll post pictures and recipes after I make some and try them!

Different bulk powders, dried flowers, and teas.
This was my shopping list, along with notes that I took as we were shopping as to how much they were going to cost.
FF refers to Fox Farm Foods, a local health food store, and S refers to Suzanne's another local health food store. The glycerin was only at Fox Farms.


The laundry soap I'm making is the one from the Duggar's family website. It can be found at: http://www.duggarfamily.com/content/duggar_recipes/30455/homemade_liquid_laundry_soap_front_or_top_load_machine_best_value. The rest of my cleaners that I'm trying for now are coming from the Reader's Digest Homemade book. http://www.amazon.com/Homemade-How--Hundreds-Everyday-Naturally/dp/0762109041/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1340479033&sr=8-4&keywords=Homemade

No comments: