Monday, November 10, 2008

The last week...

Ok.. So I think it's been at least a week since I posted, and I'm sorry for that. With it getting colder I just don't have the motivation every day to leave for work 1 or 2 hours early to go to the library. Today, however, Grant had the day off, and I don't go to work until 4, so we walked the 2 miles to the Christian College that we both used to attend, to get on the computers there. We have managed to get a few things done around the "homestead." I baked bread for the first time in our new house. I baked the Betty Crocker White Bread recipe for 4 loaves. I must say that the electric stove and I are not on the best of terms right now. The bread was supposed to bake for 20 minutes, after 5 it was burning, and i pulled it out and we tried some and it was cooked, except for a couple of the loaves were still doughy on the inside, but not too bad. Hopefully sometime soon I'll have some extra money and can get a thermometer for the oven to find out if that's the problem. We also worked on boarding up the holes in the ceiling, which seems to have helped, and we started on some of the holes in the floors. We hung up blankets over some of the windows, and started re-arranging the bedroom to maybe make it warmer. My office is for the most part set up, but not organized yet. The living room/craft room is a completely other story. Most of the stuff that needs to go to storage is housed in this room for now, and with not having a running car, that makes things difficult. We're hoping to talk someone into helping with this for payment of some cookies or homemade bread or something.

No comments: