Thursday, October 23, 2008

Why Can't People Just Be Honest...

I'm kinda upset right now about something, and I figured I'd blog about it... My assistant manager at work hasn't shown up for 3 days. That counts as a full no call no show quit. I'm really upset by this, as he was the only guy that worked there and that made me feel safe in a way, and I worked with him the last night that he worked, and he didn't say anything to me about it. Yes, I guess it could have been a fluke accident and he could be laying in a hospital bed and can't get word back to us, but it still makes me mad that we were finally starting to gain a relationship and actually enjoy working together and actually talk to each other when we were walking home at night and he didn't even say anything... Ok, so I suppose that's the end of my rant for today. I just wish people could and would be honest to the people that are around them.

So, on the up side, that gained me an extra full day, and an extra hour on the day I was already working. As of right now, I don't know what will come of the situation, if there will be promotions, or someone coming in from the outside. I have mixed feelings about this, I don't want someone coming in from the outside to reign over us, when they haven't been there to gain our trust and respect at all, but I don't think that the Lead Associate would move up, and I don't want a key holding position, so that's probably what will happen. Good thing this is my weekend off. I plan on baking alot of bread to be able to pound out my frustrations with. And maybe some cookies... I think I deserve some cookies right now...

1 comment:

Anita said...

Hi Dawn. I found your post through a Google Alert on "homesteading".
I worked for 20 years in retail management, and I never understood how someone could do this... but I've seen it a LOT!
Good luck with everything!