Monday, October 20, 2008

Are Angels in season?

My poor sleep deprived husband had some good ones for me this past weekend. He came in from work on Sunday morning and asked me if Angels were in season. I of course was flabbergasted as to what to say to him. He was completely straight faced the entire time. He asked me again if Angels were in season. I asked him what he was talking about and he said they watched an episode of Home Improvement the night before and Jill (the mom) had asked her youngest son Mark if he wanted some fresh Angel Food cake, and he said no. She then in turn said, why not, it's made from fresh Angels! So then my poor sleep deprived husband decided he wanted to know when Angels were in season so he could have some fresh Angel food cake with fresh Angels. He also wanted to know if we had to kill the angels to get their hair for Angel Hair pasta.

I was then reading to him from the new Amish Cookbook I got, Cooking with the Horse and Buggy People Part 2, and he decided that he needed to become an Amish bishop. Of course, by now I knew he was just completely wacky with what he was saying so I decided to let him run with it. He was outraged by the number of convenience items that were in this cookbook. There were a couple recipes with instant potato flakes in them, some canned items from the store, and a couple with refrigerated tube biscuits. So, he decided that he was to become an Amish bishop so that he could outlaw such items, as they were not "simple." Then.... here comes the good part... he decided that on 5th Sunday, all the Amish men in his district would wear Hawaiian shirts and all the women would wear tie-dye dresses!!! He couldn't decide which part of the dress or if the whole dress would be tie-dye, but the idea of it was enough to make me laugh... I had to share with you!


Here's a recipe from my new cookbook!

Dick's Bundt Rolls

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup nuts
2 tubes buttermilk biscuits

Melt butter and add remaining ingredients except biscuits. Mix well. Grease tube bundt pan. Place half of sytup mixture in bottom of pan. Place biscuits on end around tube pan. Pour remaining syrup over top of biscuits and bake at 350* for 30 minutes. Let set for 5 minutes. Remove from pan.


Sounds yummy!!!!

No comments: