Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Pictures to follow... Weather permitting

Well, we've been gone on vacation for a week, and got back on Monday to find our garden growing by leaps and bounds! The potato plants (nearly all of them) are about 6-7 inches tall, some of them flowering already! The tomatoes have finally seemed to get over transplant shock and are growing (and some of them flowering!!!). The cucumbers have started growing and vining up the support. We have corn and beans finally popping up. Everything is growing so well! Every time some one comes over to the house we have to take them over and give them a tour of the garden lol. Well, the camera is still MIA, so weather permitting I'll get hubby to help me take the webcam out and take pictures this afternoon.

My herbs & flowers are doing very well too. When we got home my sage was flowering (the one I thought wasn't going to come back from last year!!!) so I pinched off the flowers. My spearmint that I just planted last week, has already begun to try to fill out the pot we put it in. Most of the other herbs are just trying to get used to their new pots, and all the rain we've had.

My begonias are starting to fill out in the pot I put them in with some other plants, as well as the hypoestes that are all 3 in one pot together.

The irises & daffodils have finally all died off for this year (except for 1 iris bloom that waited until we got back to wither). Hopefully by next year I will have a flower press so I can keep some of these beautiful blooms!

No comments: