Friday, September 26, 2008

Money Stinks...

Well, my Father-in-law is in town to visit for the weekend. Ok, so he's not here yet, but he's coming in this evening, and leaving Sunday afternoon. The house is not finished getting unpacked, both DH & I are working all weekend, my friend that just got married is coming in tomorrow to see me for a bit, and take me to a rummage sale, and we some how have to make money appear from nowhere. I have rent, old landlord, and storage unit rent all due in the next 2 weeks. I'll get paid 2 times, DH gets paid once. And our bank account is already over-drafted (long story short, I hate banks...) So please pray for us as we go through this. It should be interesting. I did end up with two days off this past week, so that was good, I got a chance to rest and work on the house. We did, however walk the mile to Wal-Mart to find out that they don't cash personal checks (I should have known that), and walked home empty handed. It has been an emotional week, and I'm sure its bound to get worse before it gets better...

2 comments:

Kathie said...

I'll keep you in my prayers.

A little advice from someone who's been where you're at: skip the rummage sale and have tea at your house with your friend - it may only be $1 or $2 but it's better saved than spent at the rummage sale right now. Sell anything that's in storage that's not vital right now, being that its in storage its probably not vital but sentimental. Use that money to get out of debt - you can replace it later. Do whatever you can to avoid overdrafting because the fees associated with that is like flushing money down the drain...

I hope I'm not coming across as a know-it-all, I'm just trying to share some things that have worked for me.

Amy @ Six Flower Mom said...

I agree money stinks! Hang in there, make a plan and do your best! I've had years like that.